czwartek, 23 maja 2019

Worst accomodation part 2

Field outside of Zadar, Croatia
As you may or may not know, camping outside of designated areas in Croatia is illegal, sooooo…. when me and my friends became desperate things got a little bit out of hand. Let me start from the begging.
I was on a trip around Balkans with 3 of my friends. Unfortunately my partner was called into work early and had to leave immediately to Poland. We were lucky enough to catch a car going from Split to Zadar, which took the remaining 3 of us. That is where our luck run out. What we didn’t realize it that there were absolutely no gas stations around Zadar and our driver, who obviously didn’t speak a word in English planned to leave us at the ramp by a highway. Usually it is not a bad space for hitchhiking, unless its 11 p.m. and there is absolutely NO ONE on the road. Being very tired after almost 2 weeks of traveling we decided to find a place to sleep. On a google map, we had seen a field with some bushes in the middle of it, so we decided to head there and hide our tents in it. After about 2km of walking we finally reached our goal and began to pitch our tents. It was pitch black so holding flashlights in our mouths, we were struggling a little bit. Finally we achieved our goal, said good night and went to sleep. Well, in my case tried to sleep. What I didn’t realized in the dark was that I had put my tent on a huge log that took almost half of the floor under my tent… so I was cold, alone (because as I mentioned before my partner left), uncomfortable and scared out of my mind. Yeah scared because after about 30 minutes of trying to fall asleep I heard some weird noises outside my tent. Happily it turned out to be just a curious and harmless dog but I didn’t know it then. Although there were many highlights in our trip it was not one of them and I’m very happy we came out of there whole. In the morning we came back to the ramp and since it was rush hour, we had no trouble stopping a car to take all of us further away.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz