czwartek, 23 maja 2019

Worst accomodation in my life part 1


Being on the road, you have to sleep somewhere. Sometimes it’s in a tent or under the stars, sometimes you visit hostels or shelters. Every now and then you are bound to stumble upon a horrific dump.
Let me tell you about my worst accommodations ever. Maybe they aren’t hardcore and I’m sure a lot of hitchhikers have better stories, but these ones have a special place in my memory.
Just to clarify I’m not whining, actually I’m laughing at myself for being so silly, unexperienced and cheap.
Gas Station close to Cheimnitz, Germany
I was hitchhiking with my friend from Poland to Switzerland and got stuck overnight at the gas station. It was unbelievably cold, raining and just inhabitable. If that wasn’t enough, it was that time of year that all of the polish hitchhiking races started so the gas station was swarming with students. Horrible. We sat there from 7 p.m. until 10 a.m. the next day. Even though a few cars passed the station, nobody was willing to take us. Eventually we decided to set camp at the back of a building and go to sleep. Let me tell you, it was the coldest I had ever been. Wearing leggings, pants, t-shirt, two jumpers, raincoat, two pairs of thick socks and covered in a sleeping bag clutching to my friend I was shaking ALL NIGHT. When I emerged from my tent in the morning ( being 5:30 a.m. it was all I could bear) I saw hoarfrost covering all plants. Don’t even want to know how cold it was…
Fortunately, a wonderful driver who took us a few hours later happened to be going to Zurich so it was, as we say, a golden shot since we make a few hundred kilometers with him.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz